Thursday, February 19, 2009

Golden Duck Restaurant, Mandalay Review

I have been patronising this restaurant for years now. At least since 1998 if I remember clearly.
(I would drop-in and pick a whole roast duck and drive 4 hours to home where, gentle wife would be waiting and the duck would be merely bones in a good single meal.)
Little has changed through the years. The flagship roast duck is as excellent as ever.
I had one on the 6th of February 2009, night. Yes, the quality maintained. A tribute to the close attention of the management.
Besides the duck, my all time favorite is crab and prawn fried rice. I can never get enough of that tantalizing food (my mouth water just writing about it).
Air condition the restuarant is, one cannot imagine a Mandalay summer without airconditioning.
Book a table early to ensure you get a scenic table, try to go while there some sunlight to enjoy the view of the place moat and wall. And tell them that you are going order their roast duck. (It seems that the duck tastes even better).

Indeed it is one of my favorite dining places in Mandalay, and very rarely there is a trip to Mandalay where I do not dine at this restaurant.
My every recommendation!

Golden Duck Chinese Restaurant
No. 192, Corner of 80th & 16th St, Mandalay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping By, Hope You Enjoyed Yourself, Learned or Discovered Something, Thanks for the Comment! Have A Nice Day!

ShareThis