Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Law of Over-Compensation

This has been one of the guiding principles of my mindset at work.
Most people think that they do way more than they are expected.
Their bosses think and presume that the work put in is far less than the work amount needed to justify the remuneration that they are receiving.

For me, I try to work to a level that exceeds the requirement that the contribution of my part is expected in the organization.
That is making sure that my contributions result in expectations that exceed the normal benchmarks. Not just working extra hours, getting extra results is what that really matters!
That is the reason why some people are promoted so quickly. Not because of the hours but because of the results.
It the reason that that I work so hard to get results.
And I believe that life will reimburse me, even if this organization does not.
In the form of a better paying job, better benefits and so on.
But I believe and have seen that life does pay you back.
But you have to give first, that's the catch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping By, Hope You Enjoyed Yourself, Learned or Discovered Something, Thanks for the Comment! Have A Nice Day!

ShareThis